Our laraine bag features a flared body with gussets and a unique angularly-pointed flap. Add three big decorative buttons and you’re ready to go! Fashions of the 20s and 40s inspired this sophisticated shoulder bag. Includes full size sewing pattern pieces, as well as easy-to-follow illustrated instructions.
You will need..
- 2/3 yd. 60” fabric OR 7/8 yd. 45” fabric for main bag
- 3/4 yd. 45” fabric for lining
- 14” of 60” canvas or cotton duck cloth
- 14” of thin polyester batting
- 1/4 yd. decorator weight fusible interfacing
- (1) 3/4” magnetic snap set
- 2 small squares of craft interfacing
- one piece of plastic canvas for bag base (3.5” x 13.75”)
- matching thread
- three large decorative buttons (we used 1 1/2” buttons for our sample)
suggested fabrics: medium weight decorator or upholstery fabric for main bag; medium weight wovens for lining (cotton, silk, etc.)
Since this bag was designed to maintain a shape, it’s important to choose fabrics that are firm enough to prevent the finished bag from looking limp.
finished measurements: 9” tall x 14.25” long x 3.5” wide; 24” handle