Happy birthday! As usual, we find ourselves unable to write exactly what we have in our hearts. So this year, we've decided to do some list-making.
Things we love about you…
– Your devotion to Jesus Christ.
– Your laugh, and the beautiful smile that comes along with it. Thanks for showing it to us everyday.
– The fact that you're not afraid of being different.
– You are incredibly wise, but never condescending.
– The clothes you wear. You are SO cute.
– The way you love our dad and aren't shy about showing it.
– The way you always make lemonade out of life's lemons. There's no one quite like you for making lemonade. (And some would say you've had more than your fair share of lemons.) We're glad you share it with all of us!
– You always understand.
– You encourage us to do our very best. Thanks for telling us exactly what you think!
– You are selfless.
– The fact that you love being with all of us.
Things you've taught us…
– A messy house full of happy children is better than a tidy house without any laughter.
- Blueberry crisp and Blue Bell ice cream is really a breakfast food.
– You can make almost anything with an ordinary sheet, including curtains, dust ruffles, and costumes.
– To always kiss goodbye and goodnight, because it could be for the last time.
- That being kind and loving is much more important than being intellectual.
– That worrying about anything is a waste of time. The Lord will always take care of us.
– To never laugh when you see someone hurting, but to help them instead.
– People are always more important than things.
– Paperclip necklaces are worth more than pearls.
We could write a book, Mommy. We're so thankful the Lord made you! We'll love you forever.
Apphia, Achaia, Abigail, and Abiah
Ps. You may be 46, but you don't look a day over 35!
Please wish our mom a very happy birthday! (Let's see if we can make it to 46 comments!)